Help needed with AP250

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hiiii all, I've a danm question. After you set up an I need to still connected to a power source in order for it to work. Because I'm setting up an AP250 everytime I unplug it from the ethenet cable he doesn't work, he gave me a red dot in my hive manager. Anyone with a specific details will gladly appreciate it. Thank you guys. I just want to know what to do after I set up the Ap. do I need to keep it plug in or not.
Photo of Sports Highlights

Sports Highlights

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Fabien Gaille

Fabien Gaille

• 49 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Maybe you could focus on one topic ?

If you unplug the Ethernet cable, you will not be able to reach its management interface. Isn't it logic ?

You need the AP to be powered. AP250 use PoE (Power over Ethernet) so you need the Ethernet cable to be connected. You can use PoE injector to inject power using a standard power input.

You don't need the AP to be reachable by the CAPWAP server once it has been configured, but you will not be able to manage it.

I'm really not sure you're serious or a scam =)
Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 345 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
do I need to still connected to a power source in order for it to work.

Unless you want 100% network security, then it's best to disconnect all your Access Points from any power source.
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 373 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Do I need power for all my electronic devices, e.g. tv, radio, dishwasher, toaster; or can I unplug them and still expect them to work?