Have a question about 802.11ac? Expert Matthew Gast is providing answers.

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
Last week, Aerohive presented a webinar, Understanding the Network Impact of 802.11ac, on the quickly emerging 802.11ac standard, but we ran out of time and thus we were not able to answer all of the many excellent questions.

Here's an excerpt from Matthew Gast's blog explaining the plan to provide those answers here on the community. 

Talking about fast-evolving technology is one of my favorite things to do because it “closes the loop” between what we build as an industry and how it is used to solve problems that our customers face. 

I led off the webinar with an 802.11ac technology primer, discussing how we’ve managed to pack more bits into each unit of time. (The full story in all its glorious – or gory – detail is available here

Following me, Andre Kindness from Forrester discussed his research in how the “I can have it my way” attitude towards network services is rapidly changing how IT departments are building their networks. 

Finally, my colleague Joel Vincent tied everything together under the umbrella of personalization. Mass production has given way to mass customization in the manufacturing industry, and it is now coming to a network near you. The experience you get on the network will be different from mine, depending on what we use the network for.  

The only downside to having a one-hour webinar is that when speakers run long (because we are excited about our topic!) is that we don’t have enough time to answer all the questions that come up. Therefore I’ll be answering the unanswered questions from the webinar on the community. You can join the discussion here!

Please note this is not a live event so responses from Matthew and team may not be immediate.
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of yoon kim

yoon kim

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is this the place to ask follow-up 802.11ac webinar questions for Matthew G?
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
The webinar itself took place a year ago, but you can feel free to post questions here on the community, including questions about 802.11ac. One of our community members or someone from Aerohive will do their best to answer.