Feature requests (mostly VPN or BR200 concerning)

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Hi there,

I hope I'm at the right place to post this feature requests, since I didn't see a place on the support page to post this.

Since we were working with Aerohive products with/for a customer (BR200, CVG and AP121) we found some limitations in functionality, which is the reason why I'm writing this post ;-)

So, let's start:
- It would be nice to have the opportunity in HM to define a "compensational device", which, in case of failure, adopts the running config. e.g.: if a BR200 fails, the config should be used by another BR200 ASAP.

- The configuration of a BR should be able to be saved on a USB flash drive, so a clear (new) BR is able to load this config from its USB port, while booting.

- To make UMTS work easier it would be nice if it's possible to
a) automatically detect the APN like it is on mobile phones. (Here you insert your SIM Card and receive a text message from your provider with the data you need)
b) configure the UMTS APN data over the BR's website. (At the moment it is only possible via HM or CLI)

- Ability to configure the BR's IP manually while in router mode (not first/last of network; atm only possible via CLI but resetted on restart of the BR)

- Ability to use 4 VPN connections simultaneously with BR200

- Possibility to use 2 "VPN Service" profiles with the same VPN GWs but a different order

- Possibility for HiveOS VA to use one more Adapter. (Needed for external [WAN], internal [LAN] and DMZ use, since the customer got a pysically seperated internal and DMZ network)

I hope that at least some of these things can be acquired.

Kind regards,
Photo of Wolfgang

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1027 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions. Some of these are already under consideration for inclusion in a future release. I will make sure the responsible product manager sees the rest.
Photo of Corey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The ability to use one of the BR200 LAN ports as a secondary or primary/primary WAN port would be great. Many small businesses or branch locations simply can't afford enterprise-grade connections. It's much cheaper to buy FiOS and Coax services and run the location off of two consumer grade connections. Having the ability to assign a LAN port to a WAN role would facilitate this.

To expand on the idea, it would be great to be able to assign each ISP connection to certain networks in different primary/secondary roles. I.e. private business uses WAN0 primary/ WAN1 (LAN0) secondary, while guest wifi uses WAN1 (LAN0) primary / WAN0 secondary. In the event of failure of one connection, both (or all) networks would converge on the same connection as primary until the other is restored.

Photo of Wolfgang

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello again.

After we tried to change a BR200-WP at a customers site, we experienced an issue with the CVG which did not refresh the routes to the BR and needed to be restarted. A solution for this issue would be nice.