Factory reset disabled on AP330 - Need login as moved office

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi.

I hope someone will be able to help with a little issue we have with our Aerohive AP330. Please bear with me, as I am a new AP330 user.

We have recently moved offices and wanted to reconfigure the AP330 for our new ISP. Unfortunately we tried logging in, however all the username/password combinations we have do not work.

This AP330 was purchased from a 3rd party, who were supporting it and have not been able to provide us with any login credentials that work either.

The problem we have is that the AP330 was configured so that the factory reset no long works (holding down the reset button for more than 10 seconds), so we are unable to get the default username/password combo of admin/aerohive to work.

Is there another "maintenance" user configured within the AP330 so that when factory reset is disabled, it is still possible to login? I am aware that the boot sequence can be interrupted to enter a password, but I am not sure what this is either. Is there perhaps an internal jumper that can be used to bypass the factory reset block?

At the moment, our AP330 is not really of much use unless we can login, so any help would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks

Richard A
Photo of Richard Anderson

Richard Anderson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nathaniel Moore

Nathaniel Moore, Employee

• 56 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Richard,

If you are unable to gain access to the device via HM, CLI or reset button then the only other way to regain access is via Aerohive Support. If you raise this with support they will be able to regain access to the AP(s) for you.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel