CWP landing page issue with č,ž and š letters when upgrading to HiveManager Virtual Appliance 6.0r2a

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi!

Our Partner has an issue with CWP landing page that has worked just fine until upgrading it to the HM version 6.0r2a. The problem is that the login page does not show letters š, č and ž. The document was made in Notepad++ and imported into the HM-VA. If you open the document in browser it works just fine.

CWP landing page on older HM release was working with no problem.

Help please.

Thank you very much!

Aleš
Photo of Aleš

Aleš

  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

  • 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
In 6.0 we introduced localization support for the CWP pages. You select the languages you wish to support, and when the client's browser connects and supplies it's preferred languages we then display the appropriate version of the CWP page.

It looks like there's some unexpected interaction between the localization feature and the way your partner is using the CWP.

Did they touch the configuration after upgrading or is their config still the same? If it's the same, then they don't have any languages other than English enabled.

Hopefully this is enough to get you onto the right track to resolve this. If not, let us know what else you can find out about their situation and we'll see if we can troubleshoot here. If you need faster responses then you may want to open a support ticket.
Photo of Aleš

Aleš

  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi!

Thank you for your reply. We will definitely try to troubleshoot this issue from given perspective, otherwise I'll come back with more findings:)

yeah...I opened a support case 1 week ago and since things are going slow, I decided to post the problem here - for this issue is quicker :)

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Aleš
Photo of Aleš

Aleš

  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi again!

I am coming back with some feedback. So...we have checked the language settings and changed the Hivemanager language and the problem remains the same - we tried several languages...

We have also posted our HM configuration to the support last week but we still didn't get any answers from them...

Please advice what can we do to solve this matter...

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Aleš
Photo of Scott M.

Scott M., Sr. Support Engineer

  • 104 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hello Aleš,

Please reply and let us know your case number. This looks like a possible bug. I read that you have already opened a support case and so I'll need the case number. I make sure the case is handled by our team who works directly with QA and Engineering.

Basically, this issue should be handled via a support case.
Photo of Aleš

Aleš

  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Guys!

2 days ago our partner confirmed that the issue is resolved:) I got a reply from support that this was an issue caused by encoding mismatch if imported file is not saved as UTF-8 format. So we did that and the everything on the landing page is now wisible:)

Case number is 00045213, and you can check it, if it is a bug or not...

So, thank you all for you help..

Bye,

Aleš
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

  • 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Aleš,
Thank you for following up with the resolution to this problem. Your reply as to the underlying issue will be helpful to others who may encounter similar problems.