Error Configuring SR2124P - Some CLIs Failed

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
The Aerohive system I am managing had all APs configured and running the latest firmware (6.4r1) For some reason the installer did not upgrade the switch firmware nor did they configure it. I created a basic configuration (all ports configured as "Access") and uploaded it to the SR2124P switch. The firmware was upgraded to 6.4r1 and after rebooting a "Warning" was displayed under Update status. When I mouse over it says "Some CLIs Failed".

In searching there forums, someone suggested going to Monitor | All Devices and clicking the icon under Audit. to see what failed. When I tried that all I see is "The requested operation cannot be performed until a complete configuration is uploaded to the device and it is rebooted to activate it."

How do I determine which configuration setting the switch did not like?

The network seems to be running fine; I was hoping by configuring the switch I could begin to get bandwidth reports from devices which are ethernet connected.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Photo of C4Church IT Support

C4Church IT Support

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I suggest that you perform a complete configuration upload to the switch and reboot it to see if this resolves the issue.
(Edited)

C4Church IT Support

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did that last night...same problem.
Photo of Marcel

Marcel

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi, we also encountered a problem with 6.4r1 with an AH switch, it had to do with the 'reserved VLAN' setting (if you click the switch > modify > reserved VLAN), we had to edit the value to: 3712

Hope it helps

C4Church IT Support

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for replying Marcel. I checked and reserved VLAN is already set to 3712.
I decided to create a new Network Policy for the switch, and configure as little as possible. It successfully loaded! Gradually I am adding more configuration trying to determine which setting the switch doesn't like. I'll report my findings here.
....brin