EAP-TLS - Error code 300: No credentials are available in the security package.

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Hi All, 
I am having an issue setting up 802.1X using EAP-TLS.  Our customer is currently using Protected EAP, Secured Password EAP MSCHAPv2.  We would like to use more secure Certificate based security rather than password.
I have attempted to setup TLS in our lab. If I change from Certificate Issued Smart card or other certificate in the NPS, I am unable to connect to the SSID.  I get error code 300: No credentials are available in the security package.  
No issue using MSCHAPv2 in same NPS Policy Constraints so I suspect my config is correct bar the Certificate that I am using...
I auto generated a certificate on my AD and this is the cert I use in the NPS.  I exported this certificate and imported into my test laptop.  I have this in the Trusted Root in both my server and test laptop.  
I have some questions on the certificate:
Does the Aerohive AP230 need to know about the newly generated certificate? 
How can I check to see if the Certificate I have created is not corrupt?  I ask this because the error mentions "no credentials in the security package"
In the NPS Policy\Constraints\Authentication Methods\Protected EAP Properties I have the Certificate listed in 2 places.
I have it selected in the drop-down menu for "Certificate Issued to:" and also below that under EAP Types "Smart Card or other certificate"

Does anybody have some pointers as to how to set this up correctly?

Thanks
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

There are no replies.