Dynamic vlan (802.1x) with Aerohive switches

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

We are trying to create dynamic vlans on our Aerohive switch. So if a teacher logins with a domain pc on the lan he needs to get the teacher vlan (20) and if a student login on the same pc he needs to get in vlan (30). But at the moment we always get the message “There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request”. Can someone help us?

Some printscreens:

Photo of Jonas Dekkers

Jonas Dekkers

• 152 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Antonio Medina

Antonio Medina

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
If you are using An ap as the radius server you need to map ad security groups to user profiles so that the attributes sent from the group sent from ad can be matched with a user profile
Photo of Jonas Dekkers

Jonas Dekkers

• 152 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Thanks for the response. But we did a mapping see printscreen below. Can I check some other settings?
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
JD,
Dynamic VLAN assignment on the SR line of switches is missing from current released software. We have added that to next version of HiveOS which is wrapping up development now and should be released in about two more months. 
Photo of Jonas Dekkers

Jonas Dekkers

• 152 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Ok hopefully the release will be there very fast :-D. I thought everything was in there already because it looked like I could do the whole configuration for 802.1x and dynamic vlan.