Downgrade HiveAP OS 6.2r1b.1933 to 4.0r1.0369

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hello all.

I know this sound weird, but i really want to downgrade a AP using OS 6.2r1b.1933 to   4.0r1.0369.

Is this possible? Do i need something in the Hive manager? Maybe a certain hive OS image file?
I got the   4.0r1.0369 image file in Hive manager.

Will the AP even support a downgrade, if it is a newer AP?

Plz. dont make this about why i want to downgrade. The simple explanation is money.

Best regards Mike Kristensen
Photo of Mike Tulin Holmgaard Kristensen

Mike Tulin Holmgaard Kristensen

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are there somewhere i can download 4.0r1.0369?
Photo of Maurice van Zundert

Maurice van Zundert

• 31 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Mike, normally you can download the files via your supplier, in our case they have a database with all kinds of firmware files.
Don't know if you can download these files directly from Aerohive but maybe you can request them via e-mail or support case.

But version 4 is very old, not sure if it's supported anymore and I certainly would not recommend you tried to downgrade this far.
I don't know if Hivemanager connects with this firmware version and I think you're going to get more problems than solutions with this action.

Regards,
Maurice van Zundert
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

So, technically, this should just depend on the model of the AP and the hardware revision of it. If the AP you have is of a hardware revision that HiveOS 4.0 does not support, you cannot use it. There, however, may be other complications going back so far that I am not aware of.

I can supply you with this HiveOS version if you are sure that this is what you want to do. For the record, I do not recommend it and we do not support it.

Regards,

Nick
(Edited)

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thx. for fast reply.

I dont the hardware version.
It would make me very happy if you could send me the HiveOS 4.0r1.0369 for the AP120 to haahrsit@hotmail.com

We used 4.0r1.0369 the last 3 years, with approx. 300 users on wifi all day. Noone got any problems ever. Everyone can always connect to the internet, its fast, its furious, its super duper.
So i just want to keep on using this system, until we change the whole platform.

Can i ask you guys something else?
Can we buy and use new AP's, for this Hivemananger? Or is it better to look at a cloud based system, when we sometime wants to reconsider our network setup?

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Was it possible to get the HiveOS 4.0r1.0369 version from anyone?

Best regards Mike Kristensen
Haahrs School
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

I did send you an email. I am assuming that you did not get it? I have just resent.

Add me on Skype if it still doesn't come through: nick.lowe

Cheers,

Nick
(Edited)

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nick. Thx. for HiveOS 4.0r1.0369

Is it possible to get the HiveOS 4.1r4.0677 aswell?

Cheers,

Mike
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

I will sort this now for you.

You should have an email in a couple of minutes.

Regards,

Nick
Photo of Fred Fish

Fred Fish

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Mike, I feel your pain in wanting to downgrade the OS on an AP.  I have done this but not to that extreme.  I have some 110 and 120 APs that just decide to stop sending traffic when I upgrade to the 6 code.  I have been able to downgrade them back to the 5 code I still have in the list.  What I don't know is if it is possible to go backwards from a NEW AP.

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Until now. I havent succeded on downgrading a OS 6.2r1b.1933 to   4.0r1.0369.
I guees due to the hardware revision as Nick said.

:( I should have checked this, before buying them (used). I bet i wont make them work.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Have you tried doing this via the CLI and the save image command?