does hive ap 330 and 350 support 300mbps

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
i am installed Hive AP330 Standalone no HiveManager installed. and having hive os 4.0. it was working fine for the last 2 years. now we upgraded the ISP into 400Mbps and we are getting 300Mbps from the main router. but from the AP330 Wifi we are getting only 32Mbps. is there any way to get the same throughput as of main router in the AP330 as well.
Photo of byte zone

byte zone

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

• 483 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
With my 3x3:3 client I was getting connection speeds of 450Mbps [Theoretical] and throughput of 85Mbps to 150Mbps [Actual] on the 330s and 350s.
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
4.0 is very old code... I think that was the original code that shipped when the product first launched.  We are currently on 6.2r1 for the AP330 now, and there have been numerous performance enhancements since that time.

How are you measuring the network performance and with what client(s)?
Photo of byte zone

byte zone

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Dear Andrew,

i have upgraded the AP to 6.2r1 code. still the same.
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
To achieve the top data rate, make sure the 5 Ghz radio is using a radio profile that has 40 MHz channels set and SGI is enabled (these are not enabled by default).  Make sure your client is connected to 5 Ghz.  Make sure your client is connected at the 300 Mbps data rate (option + WiFI indicator).  Then try your test.
Photo of byte zone

byte zone

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have tried those configuration as per you commend. I am getting the speed of 80-90 Mbps. While in the same cable which connect the ap I am getting 290Mvps with my laptop. 5 Ghz, 40 bandwidth and SGI ENABLED. I have the config back up can I upload it.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
What MCS index(es) are you seeing being used?

What are the wireless capabilities of the client (e.g. 2x3:3, 3x3:3)?

What hardware is being used - Broadcom / QCA etc.? Which chip? Is the driver/software up-to-date?
(Edited)
Photo of Elil

Elil

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also have same 350 with old firmware 2 years back installed, now got 300mbps internet line, getting aprox same speed through LAN connected to router, but through getting maximum, 35mbps.
Guys anybody know any way to reach closer to 300mbps. datasheet said 450mbps.

Thanks in advanced,
Elil
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
What is your client base? A single radio client will not be able to utilize MIMO for higher throughput rates.

Best,
BJ
Photo of byte zone

byte zone

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i am using a mac air book
Photo of Rizwan

Rizwan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i have exactly same issue with my aerohieve 330 devise and did all above remedies but not get 300Mbps download speed on my laptop. 
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
What are the actual wireless capabilities of the client (e.g. 2x3:3, 3x3:3)?
What hardware is being used - Broadcom / QCA etc.? Which chip? Is the driver/software up-to-date?

Have you ensured that the client is associated at 5 GHz and not 2.4 GHz? I suggest forcing this by setting up a 5 GHz-only SSID.

Have you checked that the data rates being used (based on the MCS indexes) are sufficient?
(Edited)
Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

• 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi there,

Can you check the interface Eth0 status, does it negotiate to use 1000Mps or 100Mbps?
How many clients connected to the access points when you did the test?

Thank you,
Photo of Rizwan

Rizwan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The cable connected to AP 330 is Cat6 which is connected to Gigabit Dlink Router ,mDIR-865L . we also tested by keeping the client mode 5Ggz as well but still fail ..

We are still not able to solve this issue from last one month.
Photo of Sam

Sam

• 120 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
There is a lot overhead involved in Wi-Fi - You will never achieve the theoretical datarate of 450mbps / 300 mbps etc unless you are in a lab, using conducted test equipment and UDP as transport.

Over the air (OTA) speeds that you should see with an AP330 are roughly about ~200-225 MAX TCP throughput.  However, bear in mind you will only go as fast as your client allows for. If you have a 2x2:2 client, you can expect maximum speeds of around ~100-150mbps.

The fact that you are achieving lower speeds, tells us the medium could be busy with other APs on the same channel, adjacent channel,  or that there are other users associated to the same AP as well contending for air time.

On your MacBook Air - hold option - click the Apple button on the menu bar, select system information. Select Hardware from the System Information overview, what is the model identifier if your Macbook Air? Ex: MacbookPro 11,1