DNS forward from an AH AP 121

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Hi all,
can I configure AH AP 121 in order to forward DNS request to my internal DNS?
I try to explain better:
I've configured DHCP on aerohive and it works well, in the DNS filed (offered from dhcp settings) I've configured IP address of AP (itself) and I want to forward request to my internal DNS, can I do this kind of configuration? (As usual configuration of my home's cheap access point :) )
I want to make this because I don't want to make visible my DNS IP for security reasons
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards
TH
Photo of Thomas JR

Thomas JR

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Dianne Dunlap

Dianne Dunlap

• 75 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
If there is ip connectivity between the address the users are getting and your DNS server (dup/tcp port 53), this should work.
Photo of Dennis Stellern

Dennis Stellern

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If you are setting a static IP for the AP it gets the DNS servers from its Network Policy.  Go to Configuration and select your Network Policy.  Go down to Additional Settings and then Management Server Settings.  In there you can specify a DNS Server and domain.
Photo of Thomas JR

Thomas JR

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis, thx!
If I have a Multiple network associated to different SSID, how can I set this in order to configure different DNS servers?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Leo 
Photo of Dennis Stellern

Dennis Stellern

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
There is no way to set DNS per SSID that I am aware of.  This just sets the DNS for the Access Point. When your clients use DHCP to get their address they will get the DNS setting from there.  You should be able to specify different DNS server for each scope.