DHCP Reservation on BR200 Deployment

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago

I'm trying to use the DHCP reservation feature in 6.6r1 HiveOS for the BR200.

-DHCP server is enabled on the network policy

-I've created a spreadsheet with the items filled in an identical fashion to what is shown on the help doc. When I upload it, it does not reject or ignore any line items from the spreadsheet

-I performed a complete configuration update as stated is necessary in the help document

-When I select the router from the monitor tab and scroll down to where dhcp reservation options are, it states, "Client reservation details are currently not available because DHCP reservations has not been activated on the device. You must first upload a network policy with the proper DHCP reservation information."

Is there anyone out there that is successfully using this feature that might shed some light on how to enable it?

Photo of Kevin Berg

Kevin Berg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Some instructions that I have seen for this state:

Photo of Kevin Berg

Kevin Berg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick. These are the instructions I used to get to where I am, and unfortunately DHCP reservations are still not functional. 

Wonder if there's anyone out there using the feature that might be able to share how they made it work?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Have you checked what's in the resulting configuration that's pushed to the BR200?

You're interested primarily in:
interface <mgtx|mgtx.y> dhcp-server ip-binding <ip_addr> <mac_addr>
There's also:
show interface <mgtx|mgtx.y> dhcp-server ip-binding
To look through at all dhcp related commands:
show cmds | include dhcp
Then have an explore! :)

If the static ip-mac binding reservations are missing, there's something going awry within HM due to a configuration issue or an issue within HM itself.

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Berg

Kevin Berg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Fantastic. Thanks Nick, these look like the tools I need to figure this out.