DFS Channels not showing up on AP121

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

Hello,

We just updated to 6.1r3 on HM and all of our AP121's and 120's. I'd like to utilize all 24dBm available on the 5ghz radios and also use the UNII-2 Extended channels. In the 5ghz radio profile that all of the APs are running, the "Enable DFS Channels" box is checked. We still cannot, however, set any channel for 5ghz transmission other than 36, 44, 149, and 157 or boost output power beyond 20dBm. We have code 840 - United States set on all of our APs....

So, in short, what needs to be configured to use 24dBm 5ghz transmissions across all three UNII bands in the 5ghz spectrum on AP 121's and 120's?

Photo of Matthew Hinson

Matthew Hinson

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
As far as I know, the HiveAP 121 and 141 will get this feature in a future software release as, although it is implemented, they are awaiting DFS certification.
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Nick is correct.

As of 6.1r3, the AP330 and AP350 are DFS certified.  

DFS compliance for the AP121 and AP141 are pending.

By the way, I love this feature!  Part of my job is to set up demos for trade shows, and DFS support makes it a lot easier to operate a wireless network in an incredibly crowded RF environment.  Check out the WiFi Scanner screen grab I took from NRF last month.  

One word of advice... make sure to test all your supported clients, as you may run across the occasional device will not play well with DFS channels.  

Photo of Peter Mears

Peter Mears

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
"DFS compliance for the AP121 and AP141 are pending."

Help me understand why DFS support varies from country to country and why here in Japan I have DFS and HT40 working on my 121's when I use 5.1r5, with HM on 6.1r1a. 

I have already filed a BUG last year with support on the issue of if upgrade my AP's to 6.anything it breaks DFS and HT40!

This is really holding me back from using any of the features offered in HM 6, pity really.

Ps Where do we track bugs? the number is 28525

Photo of Matthew Hinson

Matthew Hinson

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I see... so it's an FCC approval thing. Well, we'll eagerly await their decision to let us use the channels. Though I'm more interested in the 24dBm than I am about the extra channels... :)
Photo of Javier Rodriguez

Javier Rodriguez

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are the 230's certified?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
There is no DFS support yet on the HiveAP 230s.