Dell switch N2024P

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi All,

Any experience with the Dell N2024P switches in HiveManager Ng On-line?

I am trying to integrate a Dell N2024P switch into Hivemanager NG On-Line but every time that I want to deploy a network policy to the switch, the process stops at 78% and I loose connectivity to the switch (I was able to add the switch to Hivemanager not without some trouble). I already escalated the problem with Dell (for the HiveAgent part) and they say everything is OK. from the switch perspective. Hope you could give me some advice.

Thanks in advace,

Best Regards,
Jorge Villarreal
Photo of Jorge Villarreal

Jorge Villarreal

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chris Kelly

Chris Kelly

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a bunch of N series and 55xx series Dell switches but have not tried to push any config info to one. Nowing Dell, theres probably something in the IOS thats getting in the way. Never thought of using NG to try and push a config. Ill have to try it and see what happens. Have some N switching sitting in my office for testing.
Photo of Jorge Villarreal

Jorge Villarreal

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks a Lot. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Jonas Dekkers

Jonas Dekkers

• 152 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Can you check your firmware?

Comment from other topic: After an upgrade to version 6.3.0.10 the ability to connect to the HiveManager came available.

I will be testing a dell switch in Hivemanager NG next week. I will keep you up to date
Photo of Chris Kelly

Chris Kelly

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, if this is under "Auto Provisioning" I'm not going to bother with it.  Even the basic requirements are in opposition to the way we do things on the network so pushing a config to a Dell anything is a non-starter for me.  I'll keep watching the topic since it could eventually be useful.   
(Edited)
Photo of Jonas Dekkers

Jonas Dekkers

• 152 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
You need to do the firmware upgrade on the dell switch. I have tested it today. After the upgrade to 6.3.0.10 the switch came online.