Dashboard Not Displaying Data

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Message: "There is currently no data available for the specified time range or data filter" is seen on the Dashboard, no filter is applied and APs have been running for over a month. Why is this not displaying data?

I did the workaround of Modify, do not change and Save, and it did not make a difference. I waited a couple of hours to give it time to build up statistics/
Photo of Carlos Lozano

Carlos Lozano

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

  • 483 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
have you added maps and assigned AP to the maps?

A
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless

Terence Fleming ThinkWireless, Champ

  • 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Another thing to check is the Date and Time settings on the APs.  If the APs cannot get the time of day from an NTP server they will think they are in the 1970s, and the Dashboard (which only reports recent 21st century events) will find that there is no data to report on.

The easiest way to check this is to select an AP and from the Utilities Menu;  then select "Show Log", which will show a the most recent logs, with their timestamp.  From here you can see what time the APs have.  (Alternately, SSH into the AP and issue the command "show clock")

T


Photo of Carlos Lozano

Carlos Lozano

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your reply.

I added APs to maps and made sure statistics are enabled, but still so I do not see much. Only a few categories show up. I will check the time, I know they are configured to use NTP, but haven't checked if the time looks off.
Photo of Miles Lott

Miles Lott

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Finally found this post.  My access points are now set to sync to the hive manager and I am finally getting data.  Thank you!
Photo of Alejandra Machado

Alejandra Machado

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Excelente post, efectivamente los aps mostraban en Utilities Menu - then select "Show Log" una fecha de 1970, procedí a cambiar la configuración del server NTP y chulee la opción de sincronizar con el hivemanager y esto solucionó el problema de los reportes