CVG, BR200, L3 VPN almost working, need help to complete set up.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a 90% working solution but I'm just blanking on the last aspect of the configuration. I'm hoping some obvious suggestions will help (thanks in advance..)

-IPsec tunnel is successfully established between BR200 and the CVG.

-The WAN IP (Eth0) of the CVG is with router DMZ interface as the default gateway of

-The CVG has an Eth1 address of (internal network is and the router interface/gateway is

-From the CLI of the BR200 I can ping the CVG WAN IP ( but I cannot ping the gateway (

-Again from the BR200 I can ping the LAN address ( but cannot ping the router interface ( or indeed any other internal IP's.

I am not using any dynamic routing, and there is only one internal subnet at this stage ( - this will expand when I have this working).

Under the configuration of the CVG I have entered / under internal networks and no static routes.

Anything I've missed thats obvious? I'm assuming with an established VPN tunnel that routing should allow me to reach beyond the configured WAN & LAN on the CVG.?
Photo of Melissa J

Melissa J

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Manoah Coenraad

Manoah Coenraad, Champ

• 72 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Hello Melissa,

I think you have to configure the route back. The Default gateway of the CVG doesn't know the way to the BR200. Can you configure static routes at the Gateway? I think you have to tell the Gateway( that he can find the network behind the BR200 at the CVG.
Photo of Melissa J

Melissa J

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Manoah,
Thank you. I knew I had missed something obvious. I had the firewall rules set up and active but forgot to switch the Static Route rule on - as you stated above.
Everything is working perfectly now.