Could I control connection traffice priority for each user group in Aerohive

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
Could I control connection traffice priority for each user group in Aerohive. I same network could I control different group user have different priority to use in a shared network traffic dynamically by use QOS not hard limit bendwidth.

Regards
Photo of bin yu

bin yu

  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

  • 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
QoS priority cannot be applied to a user-profile. As an alternative you can apply a different scheduling weight % to a user profile.  For an example you have two user groups that are assigned to two different user-profiles. The first user-profile has scheduling weight 60 % and and the other is 40%. AP will forward traffic of a greater weight faster than traffic of a lesser weight. 

qos policy normal user-profile 1000000 60 user 1000000



qos policy lower user-profile 1000000 40 user 1000000



For 802.11ac APs you need to change the max rate to 2000000kbps (2Gbps)

Do you use HM classic or HMNG? On HMNG, you may need to use a supplemental CLI as you cannot remove rate limit when you configure a user-profile's QoS using HMNG GUI.

I hope this answer your question.

Eastman