I don't know if this is a coincidence but after updating AP230's to 6.4r1 yesterday a lot of clients are having connectivity problems. In the event log I see a lot of deauthentication events but don't know the significance of that. On some older Dell laptops (Latitude D630) they indicate that they are connected but with no internet access. iPad Air has the connection indicator spinning endlessly. I had made some changes to radio rate settings for one SSID but have since changed them back wondering if they had caused problems.
If anyone has suggestions I'd be grateful to hear from you - I've got a lot of people suddenly unable to connect and have had to bring an older Sophos (Astaro) AP back online to limp along.
We had a LOT of strange issues happening here after move to 6.4r1...
AP's dropping off and in most cases we literally had to pull the network feed to them. You couldn't reboot them to get them back online, nor would resetting PSE at the port level OR the switch level worked. In fact, resetting POE to them didn't work unless we moved to another physical port!
This was worked on with support.... all the way to level 3.... SR2124 & SR2148 switches lost POE in all but 1 port!
The affected SR2124/48 switches had to be replaced as even Level 3 couldn't make them work after upgrades.
All the other "anomalies" seem to have resolved with the updating to 6.4r1a.... There was one issue noted with THAT release -- some of my switches gave warning that they couldn't reserve the VLAN 3967.
Unclear at this point with regard to the VLAN warning, but I've seen no impact and no further errors across the board since *6.4r1a* was inserted.
One other consideration --- We use Hive Online, not the appliance method. @Nick notes that they did the same update with no issues at all, and we have about the same overall size with 146 AP230's and a mix of SR2024/SR2124/SR2148 switches.
Thanks for all of the information. We also use HMOL rather than the appliance. It would be good to know what there is in common among the networks that have had problems with 6.4v1. We're a pretty small operation with only 10 AP's. Our switches are not the newest - two Cisco SG300 and two Procurve 2810. The router is a Sophos UTM425.
Perhaps I should try 6.4v1a and see how it goes. I look forward to further updates and I'll post back here if I learn anything - I did open a ticket yesterday.
It's causing a major headache