Compatible USB aircard for BR100 on Sprint network?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I'm having some trouble getting straight answers from support on what USB modem I can currently purchase from Sprint that is compatible with a BR100. The last support case someone at my company opened support said "You have to buy one from sprint and test it - we can't tell you which ones will work"...

Has anyone here recently purchased a Sprint network USB aircard that works with a BR100? I would much appreciate it if you could point me towards which model. We tried one we had in house and it did not work.
Photo of Eric Duesterhaus

Eric Duesterhaus

• 15 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Will Rhodes

Will Rhodes

• 45 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Many cards can be made to work if you know what settings they require. Figuring that out can be a real pain though. I know that's vague, but if they don't work out of the box, it's a case by case sort of thing.

If you're decide to go further and try to make one work it can be helpful to search for what it takes to make the card work in Linux. There are a few options in the BR100 GUI that will line up with what you find for Linux users. Raspberry Pi forums often have good info on what it takes to get various cards working.

Things to look for:
Driver type: cdc-eth, serial, etc...
usb-modeswitch settings: you can only apply the modeswitch string (long string of numbers), no way to change the "-u" value in Aerohive that I know of
Sprint's APN - double check this with Sprint. I've gotten stuck with this before
AT Dial Commands
(Edited)
Photo of James Saarikko

James Saarikko

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
try Sprint AC341U