CLI for setting up 802.1x authentication and different vlan for the ssid ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi I know, HiveManager is required for all the things mentioned in my question, but i need one help from you guys, can anyone suggest or help me out with the CLI command for setting up an SSID with 802.1x authentication and vlan for the SSID also by means of CLI command. The HiveManager Virtual appliance will be set up but it will take some time due to internal clearance. Till then I have got a task to set up 2-3 APs from CLI only. The total qty is 100+.
Photo of Hemang

Hemang

• 39 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hemang,

The gist of the commands are something like the following:

security-object <your security object name here>
security-object <your security object name here> security aaa radius-server account-interim-interval 20
security-object <your security object name here> security aaa radius-server primary <your RADIUS server here> shared-secret *** 
security-object <your security object name here> security aaa radius-server accounting primary <your RADIUS server here> shared-secret *** 
security-object <your security object name here> security protocol-suite wpa2-aes-8021x 
ssid <your SSID name here>
ssid <your SSID name here> security-object <your security object name here>
interface wifi0 <your SSID name here>
interface wifi1 <your SSID name here>

If you're trying to return VLAN attributes via RADIUS, you'll have to create some user-profiles that map attributes to the proper VLANs and match those within your NPS policy (assuming Microsoft NPS for RADIUS).  

I omit'd some of the generic configuration items - radio profiles, interface settings, etc...