Change AP230 back to Express Mode

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Hi, we are currently testing our first AP230.  I would like to take the AP back into Express Mode, but the AP still holds onto the Enterprise configuration.  I tried the pin hole reset and it does remove all settings, however, the AP is still in Enterprise mode.  Can anyone advise on how this can be achieved?

Many thanks

Eddie
Photo of Eddie

Eddie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nathaniel Moore

Nathaniel Moore, Employee

• 56 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Eddie,

It is not possible to revert to Express Mode once you apply Enterprise Mode unless you erase your configuration (this warning message is displayed prior to confirmation of the change):

When you apply Enterprise mode, it is a HiveManager GUI change, not a change to the AP itself. The only way to revert this change is by navigating to Home > Administration > HiveManager Operations > Erase Database (you will loose ALL configuration upon doing this). I would run a 'Full Backup' from 'Back Up Database' before you do this in case you change your mind at a later date:

After you have done this, you will be taken back through the initial setup wizard where you can select Express Mode:

I would point out however that Enterprise Mode does offer much more control and access to additional features. I would advise against switching back to Express mode and instead taking the time to learn Enterprise Mode.

Alternatively, if you are looking for an easier to understand UI. You could always give our HiveManager NG platform a run: http://www.aerohive.com/cloud - you can sign up to a 30 day trial for free and if you have HMOL licences these can easily be transferred should you prefer the new platform.
(Edited)