Cannot update AP230 Configuration

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Trying to update configuration, Results in Abort with the following description:
Upload Configuration: Unknown Error while generate configuration file.
The configuration generation error might have been caused by a HiveManager software upgrade or configuration restoration.
Update User Database: The upload operation was aborted because a previous process failed.
Device Reboot: The upload operation was aborted because a previous process failed.
Photo of Kevin Ulm

Kevin Ulm

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

  • 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Can you push a complete upload to the AP, or a direct reboot to the AP and try again? 
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

  • 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Agreed with Travis, as anytime I see the "upload operation aborted because a previous process failed", I just reboot the gear in question then a delta/auto update seems to work fine.
Photo of Kevin Ulm

Kevin Ulm

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have tried several times both soft reboot through the dashboard and physically power cycle the device. I can push out everything else, firmware, Bootstrap, Signatures, just not configuration.
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

  • 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Do you have console access to it?  If so, issue a show run command and let us know what it says.  I've run across APs a few times that had something like the following as the top line or two of a show run,

ERROR: failed to send message to vpn (attempt to send 52 bytes, actually sent -1 (err = 111 - Connection refused)
ERROR: failed to send message to l7d (attempt to send 52 bytes, actually sent -1 (err = 111 - Connection refused)

and our only option was to RMA the gear as flashing the image would not resolve it, nor anything that Aerohive support recommended us doing.
Photo of Kevin Ulm

Kevin Ulm

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Believe it or not, looks like the root cause was a bad SSID, I had set it with a space. Once I removed the space, I was able to update the configuration. I don't know how many times I looked past that and didn't see it.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

  • 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Kevin,
Thanks very much for coming back and letting us know you found the root cause!
Photo of Collin

Collin

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had a similar issue in which an AP would not take an update to a new radio policy. The radio policy was name POA-AC-TEST and it wouldn't take it. When I renamed the radio policy to POA_AC_TEST it took it. I guess XML doesn't like -'s.