Can someone provide me with a step by step guide for setting up an AP121 as a RADIUS server and using AD credentials as the wifi access key?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Can someone provide me with a step by step guide for setting up an AP121 as a RADIUS server and using AD credentials as the wifi access key?
Photo of Keith Vandersluis

Keith Vandersluis

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Configuration -> AAA User Directory Settings -> New. Configure with your AD server's details.

Configuration -> Aerohive AAA Server Settings -> New -> External Database. Configure with the appropriate info from the first step

Configuration -> AAA Client Settings -> New. Configure this to be the AP you'd like to be the RADIUS server.

Configuration -> Local User Groups -> Build some RADIUS groups that match the User Profile ID of the user profiles you want to implement.

Configuration -> Devices -> Aerohive APs -> [your AP here] -> Service Settings -> Device Radius Service. Choose the AAA Server Setting profile you created in the 2nd step.

Configuration -> SSIDs -> SSID Access security -> WPA/WPA2 802.1X (Enterprise)

Configuration -> Guided Configuration -> 2. Configure Interfaces and User Access -> second column, pick the AAA Client setting you built in the 3rd step.

Configuration -> Guided Configuration -> 2. Configure Interfaces and User Access -> third column, pick the AAA Client setting you built in the 4th step.
Photo of David Ribeiro

David Ribeiro

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

THANK GOD

Keith Vandersluis

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've not been able to find AAA User Directory settings or anything like that.   What am I missing?
Photo of Stefan van der Wal

Stefan van der Wal, Champ

• 70 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I suspect this is a case of Express setup. In the top right corner you can see what type of Hivemanager you have 'Express' or 'Enterprise'. If you're currently using Express we'll need to get you on to the Enterprise one.

Keith Vandersluis

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Express.   Is Enterprise pricier?
Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
to quote stefan from another thread,

It might be the best step to go from 'Express' to 'Enterprise', since it will increase all your options for deployment (including this one). Is there a specific reason why you're using Express over Enterprise?
Using Enterprise mode is free and can be accessed from 'Home > Device management settings'.

Keith Vandersluis

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for patience and all your help
Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Happy to help!
Photo of Metka Dragos

Metka Dragos

• 51 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Configuration of an AP as a RADIUS is part of our advanced training class. Here is the FTP site where you can download the slides and you can simply follow step by step.

supportftp.aerohive.com

User: training-student

Password: WiFi-Materials!
Photo of Metka Dragos

Metka Dragos

• 51 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
The Power Point file is ACWP-class-6.1r5, sorry I forgot to mention
Photo of John Robinson

John Robinson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is great info; thank you.  However, I am unable to log into the ftp site; is there a new password?

Thanks.
Photo of Norman M

Norman M

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Metka, 
thanks for the information.
Is the content still available on the server?
I cannot log in also.

Thanks