Can not stop AP250 from autobooting!!!!

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi there, 

I have an AP250 and after a power cut, the WAP will not come back online. I tried resetting with the reset button, still nothing. I could get into the WAP via CLI and did the reset command to default settings. Now the WAP is in an indefinite loop. I can't stop this so I can tftp the firmware to it. Supplied a screenshot of what error I am getting. This keeps repeating and repeating!!!

You can hit any button to stop autoboot, but this just takes you to the password:. And if you miss the password 3 times, will just start the autoboot all over again! 
Photo of Edzmax1993

Edzmax1993

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

You should open a support case to progress this.

For reference, because you are interrupting the boot sequence, the password that is being requested is a bootloader password.

Regards,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Edzmax1993

Edzmax1993

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nick, 

Is this support costly? I bought the WAP 2nd hand and paid for the entitlement key, so really not wanting to pay the earth to get this WAP back up and running.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

That suggests you would not have entitlement to investigative and RMA support for this AP.

Regards,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Edzmax1993

Edzmax1993

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nick, 

So in order to get support, you have to buy the WAP brand new and from a retailer? 
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

For hardware support it must be from the original purchaser.

Please see https://www.aerohive.com/wp-content/uploads/Aerohive-Limited-Warranty-for-Products.pdf

Regards,

Nick
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless

Terence Fleming ThinkWireless, Champ

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
The good news is that the Entitlement Key will be transferable so you can manage a new Access Point with the same key, so all you need to do is remove the serial number from your Hive Manager and add the serial number of the replacement one
Photo of Edzmax1993

Edzmax1993

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Terence, this is Eddie that use to work at Glen Cook. Yeah, I figured that I would have to buy another WAP to get my network running on both my WAPs. Is my AP250 nothing but a boat anchor now? I have the firmware. 
(Edited)