BR200 Wired ID Manager not working

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We've recently updated our HMOL to 6.1r3 and we're really excited about the new feature for wired ID Manager. At the moment I'm testing a setup with a couple of local PC's in a wired network with a BR200 as gateway. I've setup a Captive Web Portal with ID Manager authentication to make the local PC's authenticate for internet access (kind of a internet-kiosk). The PC's see the Captive Web Portal when they're starting to browse. However none of them are able to authenticate. The BR200 is showing the following text in red:

The authentication server was unable to match the login information you entered with an account, or the account has expired. Check your name and password and try again. If there is still a problem, ask your administrator to check the account.

I've checked the log of the BR200 and it seems that it has a problem resolving 'auth.aerohive.com', as shown in the log (every minute):

2014-02-27 12:49:46 warn    radsecproxy[2958]: ah_radsec_clientwr: resolve failed
2014-02-27 12:49:46 warn    radsecproxy[2958]: resolvehostport: can't resolve auth.aerohive.com port 80

However when i locally log in the BR200 (using SSH) and issue a 'ping auth.aerohive.com' it resolves and succesfully pings the site. The only weird thing i noticed is that 'port 80' is behind the hostname. Is this a bug or am I  doing something wrong? Anyone else has experience with the new feature?

With kind regards,
Bart Hunik
Photo of Bart Hunik

Bart Hunik

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bart Hunik

Bart Hunik

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've got some news on this issue.

For testing I added a open SSID with ID Manager CWP authentication and added the configuration to the BR200. I disabled the WLAN interface on the BR200 to stop sending out the SSID. However the BR200 seems to see the new accounts and PC's are able to authenticate over the wire. It seems a little bit odd that I need a 'fake' SSID on the BR200 to make ID Manager work. But at least it works :)

With kind regards,
Bart Hunik
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update!
Photo of Miguel Angel Martin

Miguel Angel Martin

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi everyone!

We have the same issue in an HiveAP-320 (5.1r5). We are testing  an open SSID with ID Manager CWP authentication and the AP is not sending Radius packets to ID-Manager:

radsecproxy[1270]: resolvehostport: can't resolve auth.aerohive.com port 2083
radsecproxy[1270]: clientwr: resolve failed

We are testing with a PC (same IP and DNS) and we can connect to ID-Manager port. 

Someone know this issue or it is this a known bug?

Kind Regards,

Miguel
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
New question on old thread - deserved new/own thread. Please reference the new topic here: AP not sending Radius packets to ID-Manager