BR200 in AP only mode

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Can a BR200 be used in AP only mode like a BR100 can?
Photo of Bradley Chambers

Bradley Chambers, Champ

• 302 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Anupam Upadhyaya

Anupam Upadhyaya

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
BR 200 cannot be used in AP mode today.
Photo of Juha Lindström

Juha Lindström

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are there plans any time soon to allow the BR200-WP to be used in AP mode? It seems a little counter active to not allow this.. especially so regarding the demo kits, where this functionality would be more than welcome.

Photo of Gregor Vucajnk

Gregor Vucajnk, Official Rep

• 74 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Could you describe a use case for that please?

Photo of Juha Lindström

Juha Lindström

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can't say there's much of a business case for it, but it would help having 3 AP's in a demokit :)

I suppose I could make up a weird case for it, but the use would be so small that it wouldn't still make anything business wise. But then again, don't think it was much of business case for BR100 either considering it's price.

It's just one of those "nice to have" kind of things. And I suppose it shouldn't be too hard as the BR200 should be pretty close reg. hardware to AP330, just with 1 radio. And also seeing as BR100 already has the feature.

Now if you want to setup a 3 AP demo/POC networ,k and only have 1 demokit, you have to fiddle with routing + NAT on the BR200 or just routing with BR200 & routing with wan-side default gateway. With AP mode it would turn the BR200 into 1 radio AP330.

I suppose the other alternative would be for product marketing to allow different kinds of demo kits or just generally give NFR discounts to all AP's and disregard the whole AP+suitcase concept (which would on the other hand be a shame, as it's a nice kit in itself).