BR200 LTE Router use cellular modem for one SSID/Network only

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I have my Network Policy set up with BR200 LTE VZ router set up and multiple APs with multiple SSID/Networks all working. What I want to do is only enable the LTE cellular modem as a failover for one SSID only. I can enable the LTE as Backup type of link but it seems to only apply to the whole network policy and all objects in it. I spoke to support and they suggested I create a routing policy but I can figure out how to deny or allow traffic only to the Verizon LTE connection as a network. Is there another way to do this?
Photo of Thomas Macmanus

Thomas Macmanus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steven Bateman

Steven Bateman

• 65 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Let's assume you have one user profile mapped to one SSID. Would something like this work for you?

Photo of Thomas Macmanus

Thomas Macmanus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not sure but I am testing this today and support told me that in the case of failover this is not a supported feature?. I will test this and confirm if I get it working or not.
(Edited)
Photo of Thomas Macmanus

Thomas Macmanus

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Routing Policy Seems to work with this setting
1-User Profile-Any-BackupWan1-BackupWan2
2-Any-PrimaryWan1-BackupWan1

When failing over to BackupWan2 (Verizon LTE) only the userprofile for the one network is able to get internet access as expected.
If the BR had only primary and Backup1 with no LTE it should work but the statement would likely change to
1-User Profile-Any-Primary-BackupWan1
2-Any-PrimaryWan1-Drop

But I havent tested this and Im not sure if the management network/interface needs a special routing statement to ensure it can regain Hivemanager online/Capwap. So I must stress this SEEMS to be working but may need further testing. Thanks for your help.