BR100 to CVG intermittent connection

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a few sites connected with BR100's to a central CVG. A couple of times per day the BR100 looses the IKE-handshake to the CVG and the clients looses their mapped drives for a minute or two. What can be the cause of this? They say that mostly after returning from lunch the connection has been lost. Is there a "pinned-up" function like on i.e. Sonicwall devices to keep the tunnel active at all times?

We are running HMOL 6.1r3

Regards,
Nicklas
Photo of Nicklas S

Nicklas S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nicklas S

Nicklas S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No one?
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Nicklas,
I believe we do have dead peer detection within our IPSec stack, so that should have triggered a rekey and tunnel reestablishment for you. I suspect you may have encountered a bug, or there are other things happening that you may not have been aware of. Are your BR100s all statically addressed, or do they get dynamic IP addresses from your service provider? What version of HiveOS is running on these devices and on your CVG? Have you contacted your support representatives about this?
Photo of Nicklas S

Nicklas S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,
The BR100's are all NAT'ed behind exisiting equipment, one is set to DHCP, the other is manually configured. All devices are running the latest (6.1r3 ATM) os. I've located something called DPD which was set to 10 minutes. As a test I set it to 0 to disable Dead Peer Detection. Don't know if this could interfere with connectivity.

All branch offices have their own fibre connection, and they can access the internet while the tunnel is down.

Yes I did, and he told me to create a support ticket because "Hmm, I think we have a known problem with this".

The reason that I posted here is that I cannot get into the support portal. There is only a text/link saying that the portal has been moved - if I click the link I get a 404 page not found...

On Monday I will get a new status report from our field office in case my DPD tweak has worked or not..

Thanks,
Nicklas
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Nicklas, 
https://support.aerohive.com/login fails for you?
Photo of Nicklas S

Nicklas S

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No I can log in, but I cannot find any link to "My Tickets" or Submit a Ticket, only download links and a link to this community.

Also, trying to change password results in a "Re-typed passwords error" every time.
Photo of Jon Garrett

Jon Garrett

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nicklas

We have a very similar problem with our 120 and 300 AP's through a Nokia Checkpoint. We have tried disabling DPD but that hasnt helped. 

Have you managed to fix it?

Thanks

Jon
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Hi Jon - if you are still having issues you might want to start a new thread to help get your question more attention from the community. 

amanda