BR100 stability and EOL ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi all,

I'm interested to buy an Aerohive Appliance VPN Gateway with BR100 for our teleworkers. 

My reseller don't really recommend BR100, telling me they have unresolved issues with some configuration, and will soon be retired. 
I will appreciate feedback from community about stability, and information about EOL for BR100 if someone know more about that. Or maybe a replacement device similar to BR100 ?
(BR200-WP is 4 times the price, so a little bit expensive for single remote user)

Photo of Yannick Laurent

Yannick Laurent

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2487 Posts
  • 449 Reply Likes
Hi Yannick,

As with all vendors, every product that we sell has a lifecycle. Per our EOL policy, the BR100 will be supported for 5 years after its EOS occurs.

At the time of writing this reply, EOS has not been announced for the BR100, and that announcement would occur six months before its EOS occurs, whenever it does at some point in the future.

I am not making comment as to when EOS may happen, I do not know - it is outside the scope of what I do at Aerohive, so please do not draw any inference that way.

Please can you clarify about what you mean by unresolved issues? I cannot respond meaningfully without specifics.

Photo of Yannick Laurent

Yannick Laurent

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Nick for lifecycle explanation.

About unresolved issues, I don't know more. It's just a warning from my reseller. That's why I post this message, to have feedback from cutomers. Thanks to Gary and Asami for that. 
Photo of Gary Babin

Gary Babin

• 21 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I've had a couple of BR100s in use as VPN endpoints for years.. no problems.. very steady.

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

We have around 10 end users who have been using BR100s.
The biggest customer among them has been using more than 300 BR100s around our country.
No single issue has been reported especially since they upgraded to HiveOS 6.2r1 release - to be frank, PPPoE connections were not stable the earlier release.

But remember that the maximum number of devices one BR100 unit supports is less than 10 including both wireless and wired devices.

This is my 2 cents.

Photo of Edu

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Yannick, we are using BR 100's for the end users and still have no problem... very stable.