BR 100 Bootloop

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
After a recent firmware upgrade the BR 100 is on a bootloop. Any ideas how to fix that?
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Daniel,

You should contact your point of support for this as it's likely a RMA will be required.

Nick
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes

You can try to tftp the firmware again via the console.  This has fixed a few APs for me in the past that had a boot loop from a kernel panic.

1. Stop the boot process and get into the bootloader
  2. The password when prompted is administrator
  3. At the prompt type set_bootparam
  4. Set tftp server IP to the IP of your TFTP server
  5. Set boot file to the name of the firmware file, looks like the most recent is: BR100-6.1r6f.img.S
  6. Type y to save changes
  7. Type image_flash to start downloading and installing the firmware
  8. Type reset to reboot
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
As it boots up, there is an option to stop the autoboot process. Using an AP121 as an example (because that is the first AP I grabbed), there is a prompt at the beginning of the boot process that states "Hit the space bar to stop the autoboot process:" and it counts down. If you hit the spacebar prior to the countdown, you will be at the password prompt.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Where's the console port I'm/he's meant to be using? ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
:-)
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
It's funny that you wrote that. It makes me think about an AP330 that we have that is missing the reset hole. One of our techs handed me an AP330 and asked where the reset button was. I turned the AP over and said, "It's right ther..." Apparently, someone forgot to drill the hole to access the reset button. I reset it via console and gave it back to the tech to deploy.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I suspect that the BR100 may have to be recovered by JTAG, although that's without a pin header in the FCC photo (middle-right). There may be a special flash mechanism possible via one of the Ethernet ports therefore.

(Edited)