Assign IP for HiveAP330

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have 31 AP330, 30 out of 31 connected, only 1 not, I tried to look on DHCP but couldn't find it.
I did reserved IP for its MAC address, but no connection. The AP just green light. Can't blame the PoE cause I tried use other working port as well.
Is there something I should look at?
Otherway that I'm thinking maybe I should use Console port and assign IP for it.
Is there someone have this problem before?
Photo of tung hoang

tung hoang

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Harry Zahlis

Harry Zahlis

• 22 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
A couple of suggestions...

Are you sure it's on the right vlan/network?  Is the port the AP is connected to configured correctly?  Have you tried plugging that AP into one of the ports that works for one of your other APs?
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Honestly - I would console into it and check;  Show Capwap / Show DNS / Then try and Ping outbound from that AP.  Lastly, resetting it to Factory defaults would resolve it. 
Photo of tung hoang

tung hoang

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys, thanks for your help.
I did try with other working port.
I did reset to factory.
The only thing I have not try it console into it, I don't know how to perform this without knowing IP address. 
Photo of Matt Kopp

Matt Kopp

• 47 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Good Morning Tung,
You should be able to SSH into it by connecting to it's Access Console ssid_ac.  The WPA2-PSK is whatever the device administrator password is.  When connecting to that, it should provide you an IP xxx.xxx.xxx.2. x.1 should be the AP, you should be able to hook into it with PuTTY using SSH.  You can also plug into the console port on the bottom-side if it isn't too troublesome to get to.

If no ssid_ac is displayed, that could be a culprit.  It sounds like it's getting an IP (hence: green) it's just not hitting the gateway.  It's been mentioned, but could be VLAN.

The other roundabout way would be to set the APs into bridge mode (if it's not already done), copy-and-paste the configuration into the meddling AP and see if it can hook-in via the backbone - kind of a last ditch, but it would confirm if there were issues on the wire that may not exist on the WiFiz...
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Under Windows, I tend to use PuTTY out of habit but there are a lot of options available.

The console on an AP is RS-232 based, it's not talking Ethernet in any way despite using RJ45.

From the manual:

Bits per second (baud rate): 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: none
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: none
Photo of tung hoang

tung hoang

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Eastman,
I will work on that and see how it goes.

Thanks
Photo of tung hoang

tung hoang

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nick,
I am totally lost with you from part: "From the manual:....."
I will try my best to sort this issue.
Thanks
Photo of Harry Zahlis

Harry Zahlis

• 22 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Nick is giving you the settings you will need to use to configure the serial interface in PuTTY.  You may have to change the COM port from COM1 to COM2, 3 or 4.

Can you see the AP's ssid_ac that Matt spoke of above as a wireless network to connect to?
Photo of tung hoang

tung hoang

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Harry,
I understand now. I can't find ssid_ac that Matt spoke before, but no VLAN in this network.