Is anyone else having issues where they need to reboot an AP before config changes take? They seem to work fine with the uptime, but if the uptime is 25+ days, 95% of the time I upload a config, it fails and requires me to schedule downtime to do my work. Uptime is supposed to be a good thing, but it's killing me.
I have personally experienced a similar issue when performing HiveOS updates but not configuration updates on HiveAP 330s.
I checked these options:
I got this error on most of them:
I get "unknown errors" with CLI commands referencing security objects. Mine are all 121's. I have had issues where they would need to be rebooted before upgrading too. It's a bigger concern that delta changes are not taking, I shouldn't have to schedule downtime to update an SSID nobody else is connected to.
Running HMOL on 6.1r6a
My symptoms will normally be:
- Unable to complete a delta upload
- Configuration audit shows entire config needing to be applied, which tells me that the AP is not responding to the "show config run" request with the correct response
- Will also get the SCP username/pw error on delta uploads and sometimes complete uploads
- "Show Log" will return no data
- "Show Running Config" will return no data
- Tech logs fail to generate correctly
- AP refuses to set up SSH connection to HM.
- "Show CPU" and "Show Memory" commands return data and it looks normal.
The workaround is to reboot the AP or BR.
Sometimes, there are specific entries in the flash logs that a memory overflow occurred:
2014-10-05 06:02:55 err ah_top: process php-cgi is killed by PM because memory is overflown:10244--->10240: No such file or directory
2014-10-05 01:28:29 err ah_top: process php-cgi is killed by PM because memory is overflown:10248--->10240: No such file or directory
Other times, there are weird error messages from interfaces, even if I've specified them as Admin State: Down:
2014-10-06 13:55:08 err last message repeated 11 times
2014-10-06 13:54:13 err last message repeated 7 times
2014-10-06 13:53:38 err ah_brd: ah_brd_port_report_get_port_content, get port: eth0 IP address failed.: Cannot assign requested address
I've piloted 6.2r1 on one HM so far, but as it was released recently and required reboots anyway so I doubt I'll see useful data for another few weeks.