Ap 121 software need

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We have 2x ap121. From our Cash System. Now we have a New Cash System and want to use the 121 as kiosk (hotspot) for our guests. I can Not Download the hive Manager. So i can Not configure the ap's. Where was a Download link? Hive os 6.1r2 was on the ap.
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
You need to have an active HiveManager subscription to be licensed to manage the APs and install the latest version of HiveOS, if you want it.

Where HMOL (HiveManager Online) is used, you do not usually need to download software directly.

Active customers can request access to the Software Downloads area of Aerohive's support website: https://support.aerohive.com/secur/download_page

(Edited)
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes i want to update it.
What Must i do to be a active customer?
So i search now how i can use hmol.

Thanks..
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Where did you get the access points from?
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A dutch Cash System Company use this to bring iPhone to use for the Order of Food Or Drinks in a Restaurant. But we change the System. The New System dont Need the ap's. So we have 2x ap121. Now we will use this as hotspot System. Like chillspot.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I had meant which networking reseller supplied and supported/supports these APs? That reseller should have been your point of contact to sort things out. It sounds like you should contact Aerohive directly for them to assist you in sorting this out.
(Edited)
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok. Thank you... I contact Company..
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
now it is free. but how can i use it?
Photo of Ðe Douby

Ðe Douby

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I found nothing. I can do nothing with this ap's. When i want to configure, i Need a Login for Software Or the cloud Manager. When i Register me, come One Email, i can Not Register at this Time.
A 700 Euro ap with no functions.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Like I said before, you need to contact a representative of Aerohive directly to try to sort this out. They will know who supplied and supported these APs. You will need active subscription coverage to use HiveManager Online (HMOL). This may already exist, but only Aerohive can help you here to join the dots.
(Edited)