AP 120

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
we have 6 AP 120 and am trying to set one up as the manament ap and others to be managed.
Have assigned static ip tp the management AP , but when do auto discover , it does not find all the other AP's.
I have read all the info I could find , but it seems there might be steps missing to get them to work.

all the AP 120 are connected to a POE switch.
They all run version 3,5 r4 .

I would really appreciate any help if possible , on the steps to follow on the management ap and the other portal APs

Thanks
Photo of David Hyman

David Hyman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Apologizes, but I don't follow exactly what you're trying to accomplish. 

Are you trying to get them to a hivemanager instance to manage them?

"Trying to set one up as the managed AP and others to be managed."  Can you elaborate a bit more on this statement?

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
It is something that used to be possible before the feature was deprecated and removed in favour of HiveManager.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
You ought to purchase a HMOL subscription for the APs and upgrade them to 6.1r3.
3.5r4 is rather old and in unsupported/legacy territory for the HiveAP 120s.

That said, if that is not possible for whatever reason, all the documentation for 3.5r4 is here:

http://www.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/3.5r4/hm/full/Content/ref/doc.htm

Have you been through those thoroughly having first reset all the APs to factory defaults?

I have to admit running with one of the APs in a management role is not something that I am familiar with. It is no longer done like that and it is a feature that harks back before I had any experience with Aerohive's products. I am not really in a position to comment in a helpful way therefore... I could read up on it and do some research but, honestly, it would probably be better for somebody with experience from that time to comment.

Nick
(Edited)