AP370 Eth1 not working properly?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hello,

In our company we have about 40 Aerohive APs working perfectly since two years ago.

Half of them are AP330 and are configured in a way that interface Eth0 is directly connected to a (private) switch and Eth1 is directly connected to a different (public) switch.

A pair of SSID are routed through every Ethernet interface and this way we are able to give a public wireless access to internet (for guests) and a private wireless access to employees.

Now we have to add two new APs to this wireless infraestructure so we bought two new Aerohive APs but this time instead of AP330 we got two new brand AP370.

We configured them exactly the same as the other ones, but they don't work. When we connect both ethernet interfaces to their respectives switch ports, both eth. interfaces turn green on the switch but after a while (a couple of minutes) the switch port connected to AP370 Eth1 turns off, resulting in the network traffic that should flow through this port doesn't flow at all.

The configuration is the following:

Interface and Network Settings:
Ethernet Setup: Use both Eth0 and Eth1
Eth0 Operation Mode: Backhaul
Eth1 Operation Mode: Backhaul (I tried to change it to Bridge-802.1Q but it doesn't work either)

Advanced Ethernet Settings:
eth0: Up; Allowed VLAN: 1,2; Auto; Auto
eth1: Up; Allowed VLAN: 3, 10, 20; Auto; Auto

Routing:
Multiple Network Default Routing:
3, 10, 20

I have updated the AP370 firmware to the last release (HiveOS 6.0r2e) and application signatures (ver 2.0.0) but it doesn't work yet.

Thanks in advanced. Regards.

Javier Roldan
Photo of Javier Roldán

Javier Roldán

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Javier Roldán

Javier Roldán

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have submitted this question twice. Sorry about it.
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
What's the power source for the AP?  The 2nd Ethernet port on the AP370 is not powered when using 802.3af, if I recall correctly. 
Photo of Javier Roldán

Javier Roldán

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Andrew,

The AP power source is a POE switch. I'll check if it's 802.3at and I'll try with an external power source and let you know.

Thank you for your quick and accurate response.
Photo of Javier Roldán

Javier Roldán

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately it doesn't work. We have tried with a 12V/2A power source as it's indicated in the product specifications.
Photo of Montrey Jackson

Montrey Jackson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Javier,

We are experiencing the same issue with the AP230.  Did you get this resolved?  If so, what was the solution?

Thanks