AP370 and DFS

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Whenever I configure an 802.11a/n/ac radio profile with the DFS option enabled, I get an error when trying to push the profile/config to AP370s. The message reads "An error occurred when executing the following CLI command: radio profile (profile name) dfs. Unknown error"

Are AP370s not certified for the UNII-2 band/DFS channels?

I can push the same radio profile to my AP230s without any errors. My 370s are running version HiveOS 6.0r2f
Photo of Greg Moore

Greg Moore

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
What version of HiveManager are you using?
Any reason that you've not updated to HiveOS 6.5r2 on your AP370s?
Photo of Greg Moore

Greg Moore

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
6.4r1

I wasn't aware there was a new version of the HMOL. When I go to Home > Administration > HiveManager Operations > Update Software it says there isn't a newer version available.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
You need to put a request in to your point of support asking to be moved to a 6.5rX release of HMOL.

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Greg Moore

Greg Moore

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ah, I didn't know that was an option; I figured the latest release was made available to HMOL instances as soon as it was deemed stable. I'll get a ticket submitted.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
That's normally the case.

HiveOS 6.5r2 was a special release only for the AP370/AP390 to bring much needed feature parity.

HiveOS 6.5r3 is a golden, long term stable release and is due very soon. That will be available for all current 802.11n/802.11ac APs and you will be offered to update to the supporting HMOL release within HMOL itself - known as 'Flying the Bee'.

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Greg Moore

Greg Moore

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Excellent. These AP370s have been collecting dust for far too long. It was quite frustrating to discover the cheaper AP230s behaved so much better, after springing for a bunch of AP370s that were almost unusable at launch. 6.0r2f killed most of the show stoppers, but our 370s have still been rather flaky.
Photo of Kevin Gee

Kevin Gee

• 54 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Owning 370s *has* been a frustrating experience, but to be fair the latest HiveOS versions do a lot to address the problems, albeit about a year too late. We even get spectrum analysis, well worth the upgrade :-)