Why does my AP330 stay blue?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi guys,
I have an AP that was successfully staged, OS updated to latest HiveOS 6.1r1.1247, then shipped to site and powered up(injector), but it stays on blue. It is one of 5 AP's deployed. the other 4 no problem. I have had the onsite person power it off and back on, same result.

Thanks,

Tim
Photo of Tim Baird

Tim Baird

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris B

Chris B, Official Rep

• 93 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Tim

A solid blue light indicates no route to the backhaul network, could you try a factory reset on it via the pinhole? Also can you console in to it all all via the console port on the unit?

Also try swapping it with a known working unit to verify the port it is connected to is good.

If all this fails, it may be a faulty unit, but please try the above first.

Chris
Photo of Tim Baird

Tim Baird

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, thanks for that. I was able to resolve this initial issue, however, now I have an AP at a different site that will not move past the green stage. I have replaced the power injector, reset the device via reset pinhole, powered it off and on, but no joy. I understand that the AP has an ip address locally and is providing wifi, but being unable to configure it via HMOL is not ideal.

Thanks
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless

Terence Fleming ThinkWireless, Champ

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hi Tim
Solid blue indicates that there is power (otherwise no light) but no route to the wired network, generally a cabling or switch issue that can be confirmed by attaching the AP to a different switch.

Solid green is easier to resolve because the AP should have an IP address, but just cannot find the mothership. If you have access to the network you can go in through the CLI and see what is wrong.

The two most common problems are
1: incorrect (or no) network or DNS settings The command "show dns" at the CLI prompt will tell you if the AP is pointed at the correct DNS server.
2: A firewall or proxy server between the AP and the Hive manager. "capwap ping staging.aerohive.com" will tell you if the line of communication is open