AP250s in United States Wireless Interface showing Channel of 0

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
We have Aerohive AP250s at various office sites which connect to a central on-premised Hivemanager NG server.

Each geographical office has its own network policy. Our American office where we have 2 AP250s are reporting very bad/no connectivity.

If I go to the Wireless Interface page on these 2 access points, I can see the Channel is set to 0 for both WiFi0 and WiFi1 interfaces.

APs at our other sites which are working fine all show valid channels on their Wireless Interface page.

I believe the AP250s are correct for the US (when I try to assign country code on these APs, as I get a message that region code cannot be changed on an FCC device).

Does anyone have any suggestions what the issue might be here?

Many Thanks.
Photo of TomM

TomM

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Tom,

Are you seeing this in the GUI of HM?  If so, can you select an APs checkbox and hit Utilities and then Status and then Interface and see what this shows?

I'd suspect the Wifi0/1 channel to show "Down" if the radio was disabled, but if you happen to have SDR enabled on it, and it decided to disable itself, I'm not sure what to expect from the GUI reporting that data back. 

If you see no wifi0(.x) or wifi1(.x) radios from the Status -> Interface command, you could very well be having some issues with both radios (unlikely, but possible).
(Edited)