AP250 connection issue with 802.11ac instead of 802.11n

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Im facing a problem with AP250 connection which is if connected to 802.11ac then accessing anything from other server is slow, but when I change to 802.11n at the pc network shows more stable. Any reason on that? should be connected to ac show more good connectivity instead of n.
Photo of Sayyidi Othman

Sayyidi Othman

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Hi Sayyidi,

What is the configuration on the AP when using 11ac compared to 11n?
Are you using default radio profiles or have you set something up specific to your requirements?
Are you having the same issues when using 2.4GHz and 5GHz? 11ac is only supported on 5GHz so I am guessing that you are only testing with 5GHz - is that right?

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith
Photo of Sayyidi Othman

Sayyidi Othman

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gary,

For the radio profile configuration, yes I did some changes on it.  I didnt used the default profile. And also I only testing it on 5GHz and I disable 2.4Ghz. It is because I prefer to have a performance connection. Somehow when my laptop connect on the 11ac which I can see from the speed is more 300Mbps then accessing the server is slow but when change to 11n which is max speed is 300Mbps the connection is more stable.
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
Did you enable MU-MIMO in the 5 GHz radio profile?  If so, disable it as some wireless clients, particularly Intel ones, experience significant performance issues when MU-MIMO is enabled.
Photo of Sayyidi Othman

Sayyidi Othman

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes i enable the MU-MIMO in the 5GHz radio profile. It is because these AP is connected with many client devices. Is there any impact if i disable it on the AP? this AP currently being used for production network.
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
The radio only utilises MU-MIMO when the wireless client supports MU-MIMO otherwise it runs in SU-MIMO mode.  They are extremely few MU-MIMO wireless clients so the radio will be running in SU-MIMO mode 99% of the time.