AP230 Mounting bracket enhancement

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Our request is to make the holes in the AP230 surface mount bracket adapter very slightly larger so they accommodate an M4 (metric, 4mm) bolt.

We have developed a L-shaped mounting bracket so that an AP330 or AP121 can be mounted horizontally  when it is wall mounted.  The AP330/121 surface mounting bracket attaches to this with four M4 bolts as follows:

We would like to attach the AP230 surface mount bracket in the same way, but the holes are marginally too small and need to be drilled out before the AP can be attached:

Please can we make the holes a little larger?  I believe 5/32 inch would be the Imperial size.

Thanks

Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless

Terence Fleming ThinkWireless, Champ

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Hi Terence,

I will let Mike or one of his colleagues from PLM make the official comment, but from what I have seen it is rare to make changes to something of which there are already many units already bought and sold. But luckily for you Terence, I don't make those decisions, so you never know! :)

Mike, care to chime in here?
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
With the changes to the admin interface on HiveNation I cannot easily change this to Under Consideration by myself (I'll ask Amanda to do so for me), but I will make sure that the responsible hardware PLM sees this. As Brian said, once products begin shipping it gets harder for us to make changes, and as more products ship it gets even harder, but we will consider this.

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Thanks Mike for taking it under consideration.  It would be helpful if we were able to use the same size fixing hardware on different types of bracket.

Currently we drill out the plastic bracket with a 4mm drill.  
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are these brackets available to order from you? Does Aerohive sell something similar? I may have to mount a number of AP130/230's this way as the location does not have any ceilings as such, but plenty of structural pillars.

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Oops: missed your post!  Yes they are, we can be found at accounts@thinkwireless.co.nz 

We have slightly modified the design for the AP230 

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Picture of the AP230 bracket: the AP clips onto what is effectively a ceiling rail.

The design minimises the amount of metal above the AP which is intended not only to reduce RF scatter but also provide ease of access to the ethernet ports so the installer has an easier time.

This design works for multiple different AP models

Cost NZ$ 25 + GST + freight from sales@thinkwireless.co.nz