AP230 Hard Surface Standoff Bracket

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
There should be a stand-off bracket for hard surfaces because of the way the AP snaps to the bracket - it's very difficult to reach behind the AP to depress the tabs and twist it off without a decent amount of space behind the AP. With the gridmount that's not as big of a deal, because you can just twist it off the mount. I've used Aruba mounts before, and you can see how the bracket holds the AP from the surface by a few inches so that you can reach behind the AP and snap it on or off. 

Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Krishna

Krishna, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi There, Is this kind of mount for flat surface mounting on the ground level/table tops or for ceiling with no grids? I assume the latter but would like your confirmation before I can provide more color to this discussion
Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Flat surface mounting on non-grid ceiling or if need be, walls
Photo of Ronald Moore

Ronald Moore

• 16 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
 J. Goodnough,

I have just received the new AP230 and find the same issue with the new bracket design. Mounting it to a hard surface makes removal very difficult. The old brackets like those of the Ap121 were much easier to work with and remove of an AP easier for a hard surface mount. 
Photo of Krishna

Krishna, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes. The older bracket on AP230 have that problem. Due to this, we have redesigned the bracket and the new bracket is now shipping with the APs ordered from last week. This makes mounting and dismounting a breeze.
Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Krishna, do you have a picture available of the new bracket?
Photo of Krishna

Krishna, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Actually our installation doc will be updated shortly. Attaching the pic I have for now.The real bracket is not red in color :)

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Is it possible to request redesigned brackets for APs that have already been purchased and shipped prior to this change?
Photo of Krishna

Krishna, Employee

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes. You should be able to request it through your sales rep.
Photo of Shail Talati

Shail Talati

• 17 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
If customer has original bracket then can get a replacement by providing RMA info. through partner/Aerohive sales rep. 

Here is a part number for the new Wall mount bracket: 

AH-ACC-80211AC-WALL