AP230 loading wrong Radio Profiles problem now on 8.1r2a release

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
After updating the AP230's to 8.1r2a, the AP is loading the default standard Radio profiles instead of the adjusted ones from the Auto prov or the interface selected ones. 

So the same problem as we had on the AP130 with 8.1r2. 

https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/ap130-8-1r2-problem-disabled-ssid-is-popping-up-in-br...
Photo of Patrick Spencer

Patrick Spencer

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Bill Lundgren

Bill Lundgren, Employee

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Patrick,

I just spoke to the developers.  This is the bug I mentioned last night, covered under CFD-2833, which was for 8.1r2.  Unfortunately the timing of the bug in NG, (just found Saturday), coupled with this vulnerability, made for a unique turn of events where the patch crosses this bug.  8.1r2, is 8.1r2, even with the "a" release. 

Engineering should have the bug patched tonight in NG, or tomorrow at the latest, which will fix the configuration issue with both 8.1r2 and r2a, as well as they are working to produce release vehicles of the KRACK patch in both 6.5 and 6.7 code bases which are due out tonight.  We have all hands on deck working around the clock stateside and internationally.  As I know for certain if the patch is being applied, I'll post back. 

Bill Lundgren
Director of Systems Engineering
Photo of Max Overhand

Max Overhand

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Bill,

The problem we have is that one of our customers is using aerohive select in combination with the AP-122. We have made a manual configuration of the Radio Profile (2,4 and 5 ghz). When we upgrade to 8.1r2a nobody can log on to the network. When we delete and load the default radio profile every body can log in and start working again. We did some good testing by rolling back to the former updates and last in combination with an without the custom RP.

Can there be a bug in the new update when using custom RP?
Or is the new update looking if the client is having the good health read an upgraded OS?

Best Regards Max
Photo of Wilson Yap

Wilson Yap

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem with AP250? Is there a fix yet? Now all my APs seems to be with default radio profile. 
Photo of Juan Dominguez

Juan Dominguez

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same situation on AP130 (over HMNG Onprem, also the mgt 0.1 with DHCP broadcasting, disappear too. Is there a fix ?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Juan and Wilson,

Can you confirm if you are using Cloud HMNG or the VA?

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Max Overhand

Max Overhand

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nick,

Do you also have an explanation for the problem we find?

Best regards Max
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
There was an issue in the config generation with HiveOS 8.1r2 that CFD-2833 should be addressing.
Photo of Max Overhand

Max Overhand

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it fixed now?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Max,

We intend to release an update for the VA to support HiveOS 8.1r2a in the coming few days. It is not available yet.

Regards,

Nick
Photo of Jesse Cross

Jesse Cross

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Update on this?
Photo of Wilson Yap

Wilson Yap

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am using CLoud HMNG and firmware 8.1r2a
(Edited)
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Does this issue still reproduce for you. Patch 2 for the Cloud is live now that should have addressed this?
Photo of Wilson Yap

Wilson Yap

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its still not fixed, I also tried manual setting for power transmission. Its always shown 9db somehow. 
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Wilson,

Do you have a support case open? If not, please can you open one?

Thanks,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Wilson Yap

Wilson Yap

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a ticket open with our reseller.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Thanks!

The process is that where a reseller and distributor cannot resolve an issue, a ticket will be created with Aerohive's support.

Cheers,

Nick
Photo of Juan Dominguez

Juan Dominguez

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We must downgrade to 6.5r8a for AP130, and all fine.
(Edited)
Photo of Juan Cruz cardona

Juan Cruz cardona

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, huge problems here with the 8.1r2a, if u read this downgrade inmediately, 8.0 must be just fine!. I already have a ticket with Aerohive's support and they only said to me that was problem of the clients but the firmware was "perfect" what a lie.