AP230 issues specific time daily.

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
Got an AP230 that is having issues out of all the AP's this particular one at a specific time would just disconnect clients and stop working.  High CPU usage.
Pulled these from the Flash Log and they seem to be killing the CPU:

2017-12-13 14:07:25 alert   kernel: wireless_send_event: device wifi0 buffered too many NL events, discard, drop_cnt=69751
2017-12-13 14:07:20 alert   kernel: wireless_send_event: device wifi0 buffered too many NL events, discard, drop_cnt=69701

Now Wifi0 interface is supposed to be off and in HM it does show wifi0 Power is down.  But the following commands actually show the wifi0 as "up" but wifi0.1 as down:

Also on the AP itself

"show int wifi"
Mode=access; Radio disabled=no;
Admin state=disabled; Operational state=up;

Need an official answer on this what is going on here with the AP.  Thank you.
Photo of Ali

Ali

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
The log message does not look to be a error message. What version of HiveOS is the AP running? I would suggest running 8.2r1 as I suspect the log message will cease.

With regards to your "show interface" output; It suggests that the radio is up but the SSIDs are not being broadcast. That, I believe, is normal.

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith
Photo of Ali

Ali

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I missed the lines after this here ya go:
2017-12-13 14:09:09 warn    ah_top: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 7740 second.
2017-12-13 14:08:08 warn    ah_top: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 7680 second.

Whenever this happens CPU usage gets high enough that it interrupts client connectivity.

About the second part:
1- So does that mean with the WiFi0 Power Down it is just not advertising the SSID kinda like hiding it?
2- If the wifi0 is up then technically wouldn't it still cause CCI in the air ?
Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Hi Ali,

Answers inline;

I missed the lines after this here ya go:
2017-12-13 14:09:09 warn    ah_top: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 7740 second.
2017-12-13 14:08:08 warn    ah_top: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 7680 second.

Whenever this happens CPU usage gets high enough that it interrupts client connectivity.

We need to understand what is causing the High CPU. There are some good threads in the community about troubleshooting CPU issues. You will want to start with;
Show CPU detail - to see the CPU levels on both CPU cores
Show system processes state - to see what process or function is taking up the CPU

About the second part:
1- So does that mean with the WiFi0 Power Down it is just not advertising the SSID kinda like hiding it?
The radio is not broadcasting any SSIDs and is therefore in a listening state.

2- If the wifi0 is up then technically wouldn't it still cause CCI in the air ?
No, as per the previous answer, the AP is not transmitting so will not use airtime.

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith