AP230 failed to onboard

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Since I am using Aerohive Units at work, and very satisfied with those, I decided to give them a try at home too - you can try out stuff there first, and apply it at work sometimes :)

I was happy to hear of aerohive connect, since this would be ideal for the needs of my relatives home.
Unfortunately the AP230 I bought used will not play nice, I previously configured it via CLI, but now wanted to reset it and add it to Connect.
But I just get the "Error 9The device appears to be in use by another VHM." - failed to onboard.

Apparently this was never de-registered from its old VHM?
Is there a way to completely reset the unit? I can provide the Serial number and mac.
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • meeep

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

• 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Tobias,

Where do you get the AP from? The seller needs to remove it from their HM.

Eastman
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your quick reply, I got it from an eBay seller months ago, he had lots of them from a clearance sale. Tried browsing my purchase history, but it doesn't go as far back as that. Never noticed this as up until now I only had it configured via SSH. (Connect didn't exist when I got it)
When a company folds removing APs from their HM is probably the last thing on their mind, especially when the network technician has already been let go.
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any idea how I can now go forward with this?
Bought it on march 24th from an US ebay seller.
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The seller has replied to me, he says he has no ap left in his Aerohive account. What now? Please respond, this thing has to go back into service
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Tobias,

I am assuming that you have not yet created a Connect ticket with Support via:
https://www3.aerohive.com/support/connect-support/

For the team to be able to help, you would need to discuss it with them via that route.

Regards,

Nick
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick, will do. Somebody else got help here in the forums just after sending his aerial via PN to a mod, I was hoping for a similarly fast and uncomplicated approach.