AP230 and 11.ac performance

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi!

At our customer side we are trying to achieve maximum performance of the AP230 Access Point. 

The thing is that the AP230 has a low performance although we upgrade it to the last HiveOS and Hivemanager version 6.2r1a which should fixed some of the performance issues.

We have tried several test and the results that we have are this:

1. max client throughput was 280 Mbps. Client that we used was: TP-LINK 802.1ac/AC1200 (should achieve cca 400 Mbps). We have used this settings:

- We are using power supply (not PoE)
- 80 Mhz Channels
- AVC disabled
- interference reporting turned off
- background scanning turned off
- statistics collections turned off
- lower data rates disabled
- Short Guard interval: Enabled
- Aggregate MAC Protocol Data Units: Enabled
- Frame Burst: Enabled
- Transmit Beamforming: Enabled
- Transmit Beamforming: Explicit only

I am trying to find out how to setup MCS for 256QAM settings, as shown on this blog, but 3/4 & 5/6 values are missing and therefore i can't set them? Does anyone knows how to do this?

Since customer is using cheap TP-LINK USB client i can't find anywhere what kind of antenna is this (2x2:2 or 1x1:1)? It looks like it doesn't support 256 QAM modulation...:/

2. When we have one client connected to Wi-Fi network (2.4 Ghz radio), it is able to work at full speed, but as soon as another client connects to it...the 2nd client cannot achieve more then 8-10 Mbps of throughput. All the additional client have connection below 10 Mbps. We have default setting for 2.4Ghz with load balancing and band steering enabled and without traffic priorities. 

I opened i support ticket one week ago and it is going really slow :( Since this is an education environment we need to deliver and prove to the client that we are achieving max performance, so that they will keep on buying (500 APs more to go :) )...

Thank you for you advices!

Best regards,

Aleš
Photo of Aleš

Aleš

• 19 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

• 483 Posts