AP130's Detect as in-net rouges

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)

Hi,

I've just installed 10 new AP130's in our hive and all of them are detecting my SSID's as in-net rouges.

I've done some digging and found an old post "Aerohive AP detected as in-net Rouge AP" which says to check/add the MAC of the AP to the MAC OUI entry but they are already there.

All settings are the same as out AP330,370 and 121's we already have running.

Any ideas as to what to look for or a fix so I don't get 297 in-net rouge entries from my new AP's

Edit: it also looks like the AP130's are reporting each other for being rouges too

Cheers

--

Jeremy

Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,

I assume that you have pushed the configuration changes out to all your APs?

There may be a HiveOS related issue at play here.

Did you ever update your AP370s to HiveOS 6.5r2?

What version of HiveOS are you using on your AP330s and AP121s?

Are you using cloud hosted HiveManager (HMOL) or do you have an on-premises install?

I suggest that you update all your APs to the just finished HiveOS 6.5r3, which includes your AP370s, to preclude this possibility.

Release notes and initial distribution of the software update should happen next week and you may need to open a support ticket to expedite the move if you are using HMOL.

Cheers,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Hi Nick,

Yep all AP's have a current config

We're using HMOL (Enterprise   6.6r1)

AP330 - HiveOS 6.6r1b.2338  

AP121 - HiveOS 6.4r1g.2138 

AP370 - HiveOS 6.5r2.2305

AP130 - HiveOS 6.6r1b.2338

All at max level at the moment

Looks like I'll need to wait for 6.5r3 to turn up

However that might not help as 370's are not the ones detecting the Ap130's as rouges

Cheers

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hmm. I consider it unlikely for it to be HiveOS related with that mix.

(Aside, you would be better running with 6.5r3 on everything regardless when it's out rather than a mix unless you have a specific need for a 6.6r2 feature.)

It should just be a case of having the permitted BSSID MAC OUIs in the WIPS policy that you're using and pushing that configuration out.

Have you looked at the configuration that's actually being pushed out from HM?
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Yep it was the WIPS settings... I falsely presumed that the settings would be added to the config as the new AP's were included in the HiveOS.

now that thats cleared up it looks like some of the 370's have started reporting the AP130's as rouges so the 6.5r3 update might solve that issue after al

Cheers for your help

--

Jeremy