AP130 HiveManager NG Email Notification AP CONNECTION STATUS HAS CHANGED

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Since 11/30/17 at 10:38 PM, I keep getting this message:

Alert from HiveManager - Network related alert,2017/12/01 03:38:24 Z

HiveManager NG Email Notification

AP CONNECTION STATUS HAS CHANGED

Hostname : (my hostname) Location: (my location)

How do I stop this? Or is something wrong all of a sudden? I think this coincides with a Hive Manager update (see below).

Thank you.

HiveManager NG Upgrade Notification

Scheduled Upgrade of Aerohive HiveManager NG

Dear Aerohive HiveManager NG Admin,
We have some great news! In order to add some great new functionality, we will upgrade HiveManager NG on November 30, 2017 from 19:00-20:00 PST (3:00-4:00 UTC December 1st).

The November update of HiveManager NG introduces new and enhanced features, including:

• Spanish and Chinese Language Support
  • Cloud Guest CWP in Connect and Select
  • Support stacking of Dell N1100 series switches
  • LACP configuration for SR22xx/23xx and Dell switches
  • Layer2 IPsec VPN additional settings
  • Simplified Mesh Configuration with AP Templates

End-User Impact:
None

Network Administrator Impact:
Administrators CANNOT perform the following functions during the upgrade window:
  • Add new users
  • Onboard new devices

After the upgrade is complete, Aerohive recommends that you log out of HiveManager NG and then log in again to avoid possible UI errors caused by the interrupted session. This upgrade does not impact managed devices – device firmware will not be upgraded and user authentication to the cloud will remain operational. All HiveManager NG configurations and data remain unaffected during the process.

Need help?
If you need help with products, please contact Aerohive Technical Support at 866-365-9918 or +1 408-510-6100 option 2, or visit http://support.aerohive.com. If you are an international customer outside North America, please contact your Aerohive partner.

Thank you for being part of the Hive!

Kind Regards,
Aerohive Support

Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi HoldinOn,

I am already looking at this.

My current working theory is that these emails were generated for every applicable AP during the upgrade maintenance window causing a backlog of emails in the mail queue which then went out over time, after-the-fact. 

You should observe that the APs actually have a usable CAPWAP connection which have not been lost since the maintenance window completed, despite receiving the emails after. Can you confirm if this the case for you?

I will be investigating this email generation process with our engineering and devops teams tomorrow to establish if my suspected root cause of the volume of emails generated during maintenance windows causes queuing and delayed delivery is correct and, if so, how that should be addressed or improved.

Kind regards,

Nick
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did a reboot of the AP's, hoping that might cure it, but I'm pretty sure it did not. I also was hoping it just needed to get acknowledged somewhere, but there are no active alerts or alarms that I can see.
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I missed your question in previous email. All other functionality seems fine. I'm sure I would have heard complaints by now. All lights are green. My guess was that a flag was not getting cleared somewhere.
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are continuing to get bombarded with emails. I have 16 unnecessary emails since midnight. If you can find out what needs to be fixed with this, that would be great.
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is still a problem. I have 30 emails since midnight. Nick, please let me know what the status of your investigation is currently.  Thank you.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

I suggest opening a support case to progress this in your environment.

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there an online link for doing this, and if so, could you provide it here? Thank you.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi HoldinOn,

Who is your point of support for Aerohive?

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The messages have FINALLY stopped on their own.

Did you have anything done on the "cloud side"?