AP130 could not update settings through HiveManager

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
Hi guys,

We are having a big headache with one of the AP130 WAPs.

Recently we had some policy setting changes, and we applied these changes to total 7 AP130 WAPs, only one of them could not get the updated settings from HiveManager.

The error was:

"Error updating some devices: Unable to load services/config/device/updates/config/deploy?ownerId=7243&ownerIds=7243 status: 400"

We were able to reset it to default via "utilities ---> reset device to default", it came back as "AH-312c40" as host name and an dynamically assigned IP address.

We were able to assign it to a location.

But all other setting changes, like change host name, assign static IP, apply policy, all of they came back with same error after we pressed the "Update Devices" button.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

Frank
Photo of Frank Wen

Frank Wen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

As far as I am aware, that issue is just a cosmetic one:

If you select one managed AP from Monitor page and try to push full configuration to the AP and then, before the configuration download completes, try to push the same again, it will fail. You will see the error message "Error updating some devices:RequestError: Unable to load services/config/device/updates/config/deploy?ownerId=1234&ownerIds=1234 status: 500". 

Are you sure that the device does have a Network Policy assigned?

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Anthony

Anthony

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
G'day Nick,
I've noticed this with one of our devices - we're getting 'status: 400', not 'status: 500'.
I've even gone as far as to delete the device completely out of HiveManager and add it in again, but that's made no difference.
Any ideas what to try next?
Cheers,
Anthony
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

Is this with a HMNG VA or cloud hosted HMNG?

I would suggest opening a support case to progress your issue.

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of HoldinOn

HoldinOn

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
For some reason, this sounds familiar. I think we had to clear out a device ("factory reset"?), and then DOWNgrade the firmware to an earlier version. We then brought it back in, applied all policies, and then did a smaller firmware upgrade. I think the newer one wasn't "ready for prime time".  Take all of this with a grain of salt, as it is from memory only. You may have a different issue or experience than we did.