AP130 'Connect' with HiveManagerNG On-Premise

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
We have a customer with an on-premise HiveManager NG VM install and a large number of AP130 access-points. The AP130s have recently been added to the 'Connect' lineup, and as such we now purchase them with the 'Connect' to 'Select' upgrade license ...

The instructions provided for updating these APs from 'Connect' to 'Select' only seem to apply to the Online HiveManager NG, not the on-premise version.

What (if anything) do we need to do to allow us to on-board these AP130s to the existing on-premise NG install?
Photo of Simon Ford

Simon Ford

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Simon,

First you must ensure you got the upgrade license for on-premise, which is a one-off (as compared to the upgrade lic for HMOL, which is an additional recurring license).

Second, you need the same license and support as you always needed for on-premise:
- one-off device license (1AP-LIC)
- recurrent support for on-premise, for 1, 3 or 5 years

So in your case you must ask your Distributor for 2 "one-off" licenses for on-premise (upgrade and device license), plus the support.

Now - the upgrade licenses do not exist anymore since end of May. They can still be ordered today, according to the region you are in, but in principle everything has changed back to the previous model, but now valid for ALL APs and switches:
- For on-premise, buy one-off device licenses and recurrent support
- Hardware is cheaper now, one-off licenses and support are higher

I do not remember out of the top of my head if it's better for you to try to buy after the "intermediate" model with upgrade license and old device-lic and support, or without upgrade-lic but the new device-lic and support. Check with your Distributor, he should know ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Sorry, just noticed that you are the Reseller - modified my post, to reference the Distributor as next level.