AP120 Un-Responsive Crash/Hung - Firmware 6.1R3 or above

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We have a number of AP120, we have tried upgrading them to 6.1R3 and ended up having to get the firmware rolled back to 6.1R1.

The issue is after a while the AP's seem to crash/hang. We are able to ping the AP's and they respond but they show offline in the Hive and cant SSH to the AP's.

Only way to get them to respond again is to reboot them.

But at a random time they will go offline again and sometimes they reboot themselves after being in a hung state for a period of time.

We were then told that 6.1R6 would be out soon and to try that after rolling back to 6.1R1 we tried this on a number of AP's are getting the same issues.
Photo of Jamie Parker

Jamie Parker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Hi Jamie,

This is really more of an issue that is best handled through a support case, as if the APs are not rebooting due to lack of power the data collection and analysis is not really suited for an internet forum. So I would recommend reaching out to the Aerohive partner providing support for your account to open a ticket.

Sorry I couldn't be more help
Photo of chantima

chantima

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jamie, 
Have you found the solution to your problem?  We have exactly same problem.  We are running Hive manager appliances in HA mode and running 61r6.  We upgraded the Hive manager and  APs from 51r5 to 61r6 and ran into this problem.   Now all 120 are running 51r5 (HM still 61r6) and no more problem.

Would like to see what would fix it?
thanks,
chantima
Photo of Jamie Parker

Jamie Parker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Chantima,

Still working with Aerohive to work out what is causing the issue. We are only running 1 AP with the updated software at the moment. Trying to collect dump files at the moment but not always successfully.

AP crashing is totally random sometimes we wait a couple days sometimes weeks so it has been a bit of a long process but the person im working with at Aerohive has been very helpful.

Will post back when we have worked out a solution

Jamie
Photo of chantima

chantima

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jamie,
thanks so much for the reply.
Please keep me posted.

thanks,
Chantima
Photo of Jamie Parker

Jamie Parker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Chantima

We have been testing 6.2R1. on our 120's.

So far been finding it stable no AP lockups so far, slowing putting more AP's on each week.

Regards

Jamie
Photo of chantima

chantima

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jamie,
thanks for the update.  Based on your finding I will start upgrade some of ours to 62r1 for testing as well. 
Thanks again,
Chantima